In this week's trend report I talk about sales projections for Holiday Hangover Day, the day most American's head back to work after the holidays, as well as promoting post-holiday customer traffic and sales.
Topics Discussed in this Trend Report:
- Retail's fourth quarter includes January
- Typical in-store activity during January
- Weekly Merchant Method trend report topics for the month
- Holiday Hangover Day is on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 this season
- Who coined the phrase for this shopping day and how the shopping trend was identified
- Similarities between Holiday Hangover Day and Cyber Monday
- Typical shopping activity and product categories purchased during Holiday Hangover Day
- Results from last year's Holiday Hangover Day
- Fourth quarter incremental retail sales to generate in January
- Strategies to increase retail customer traffic and sales in January
- Why retail return and exchange policies have become more lenient in the recent years
- Consider the product integrity in your store by assessing what must be marked down and remerchandised
Click to Tweet:
Providing a lenient or “more lenient” exchange or return policy is a valuable service for your brand lovers.