Unfortunately, this is a reality of merchandising and selling.
Some items are top-sellers, star performers. Others are slow-sellers, dogs. Blame it on the human condition. Despite retail art and retail science, there’s no accounting for taste. Even within your narrowly-defined customer demographic.
Slow-moving stock is the metaphorical thorn in our side. It’s the high-maintenance pain in the butt that takes up more time (and resources) than it’s worth. On the other hand, you don’t have to just accept it — you can plan ahead and fight back against this problem!
- Pre-schedule your merchandising efforts
- Consider complementary items
- Double- or triple-expose your merchandise
- Turn your employees into mobile merchandising statements
- Have a different merchandising strategy for each location
Check out the full article to get the details!