The podcast is called Design Goggles, produced by the multi-talented architecture and design firm Board & Vellum. This one is fun and full of business advice for retailers and makers!
This week’s podcast episode is about how to design a foolproof brand experience.
The episode is The Seattle Retail Experience but don’t let the title fool you. I work with brands throughout the United States (and beyond) and here’s what I know to be true:
The challenges with designing an irresistible retail experience and positioning a brand are the same regardless of location.
If you’re interested in growing your business, you’ll find this interview valuable.
As you listen, I want you to pay attention for some very important topics:
- The shop local movement, what “local” means, and growing your business beyond your neighborhood.
- 4 things that have changed the retail landscape for small to medium-sized businesses and how to respond to these changes.
- Barriers to entering the retail industry, the role of modern pop-up shops, and the rising threshold for success.
- Integrating opportunities for social media engagement in your retail space.
- Brand Loyalty = Brand Narrative + Brand Behaviors + Belonging
- Effective organic advertising through promotional merchandise and customer loyalty programs.
- Shaping customer expectations with brand-focused employee training.
- Price sensitivity and helping customers accept rising price points.
After you listen, leave a comment and tell me how you shape your unique experience.
Thanks for tuning in!