In this trend report for Independent Retailers & Makers I share insight into the mass store closures we'll continue to see and offer an elevated view point of what's happening in the industry. The goal? To better prepare Small and Independent Retailers for the rocky road ahead.
Topics Discussed in this Trend Report:
- The state of the retail industry is consequential and worthy of consideration by Small and Independent Retailers
- Danger of operating in a small business bubble or of responding to retail store closures with indifference or apathy
- Customers shop across all business types, sizes, product categories, and price ranges
- Description of a full line retail store
- Story about my experience in trying to understand how customers shop and how they want to shop
- Measuring retail performance of selling space or Sales Per Square Foot
- Review of holiday sales results based on analysis published by First Data
- Regional variations of in-store shopping during the holiday season
- Mass store closures that continue to hit the U.S.
- Comparing per person retail space square footage in the U.S., Canada, and Australia
- Downstream impacts of anchor tenants vacating their mall leases