This week I review my recent competitive shopping trip of Portland's Hawthorne District and Downtown Portland. As a companion to Competitive Analysis for Independent Retailers, this field guide illustrates my process of competitive shopping and the valuable insights I gained.
Topics Discussed in this Trend Report:
- What I prepare before going on an inspirational shopping session and why each of these components is helpful
- What I’m actually assessing during each of these outings and what I’ll use this information for
- What I hope to learn from competitive shopping
- A detailed explanation of what I do during a competitive shopping session
- What I noted during this particular outing in Portland
- How I use these types of trips to inspire my work as a retail leader