This week I share how to extend the holiday selling season past the holidays. If planned and executed well, you can drive healthy post-holiday retail sales through the January.
Topics Discussed in this Trend Report:
- Retail's fourth quarter includes January
- Typical in-store activity during January
- Weekly Merchant Method trend report topics for the month
- Holiday Hangover Day is on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 this season
- Who coined the phrase for this shopping day and how the shopping trend was identified
- Similarities between Holiday Hangover Day and Cyber Monday
- Typical shopping activity and product categories purchased during Holiday Hangover Day
- Results from last year's Holiday Hangover Day
- Fourth quarter incremental retail sales to generate in January
- Strategies to increase retail customer traffic and sales in January
- Why retail return and exchange policies have become more lenient in the recent years
- Consider the product integrity in your store by assessing what must be marked down and remerchandised
Click to Tweet:
Providing a lenient or “more lenient” exchange or return policy is a valuable service for your brand lovers.